Friday, December 22, 2006

Jan Tucker

The news article Subterra which I just posted was written for the Daily Globe by Jan Tucker. I had the pleasure of working with Jan way back in the "old days" of her and my "youth". It was about the mid sixties when Jan started doing the Ontonogon County show on WJMS radio of Ironwood. As the Ontonogon area sales rep for the station I set up the remote broadcast equipment in Jan's home. From her home she did the show for a few years before switching it to WMPL radio in Hancock. During her many years of broadcasting a daily show she also wrote for many newspapers in the Western Upper Peninsula. I always read with interest her writings where ever they appear. Maybe someday I will stop by and pay her a visit.

No comments:

Dream of Travel

Dream of Travel
Hispeed