Saturday, December 15, 2007

We left the snowcovered landscape in Green Bay
Rebecca was the first of the family to see me from her vantage point on her Dads shoulders!
The Journey told as told through Saturday!

After shopping around and packing around and loading the car around and driving around to Green Bay I left the Grand Caravan in the hands of the GRB parking attendants and left the driving to NWA. We had a good uneventful trip to Detroit and then on to Dusseldorf where Rebecca and parents were waiting for me to get me and my goodie filled bags! Yesterday was busy helping the soon to be non-expats pack, taking care of the baby, cooking, and being a nuisance in general. Today was jet lag day or it seemed that way at least. I overslept to start. I think that the 9:45 am awakening was the latest in more than a year. Then this afternoon I conveniently missed being a participant in a bike ride to a nearby village while I napped! Lucky me! Then of course the rest of the day flew by and now I have been recruited to babysit while the folks go off to a movie! How much do American baby sitters make per hour?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Let it be known that the baby was SLEEPING when we left and when we got back. The babySITTER was sleeping when we got home as well. Room and board is plenty of compensation.

Dream of Travel

Dream of Travel
Hispeed