Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Flying Stupor Day

The NWA pilot is making sure our plane for the Detroit to Green Bay flight is air worthy!
Thanks to him and many others who work in commercial aviation I'm home again in this sort of "flying stupor" today. It was a long day of travel yesterday and of course the mourning doves welcomed me home at 6 this morning! So I eventually got going to the store and the post office and then started getting some stuff out of the big luggage still in the car. I was not about to try to carry those cases up the stairs intact. While sorting through the "stuff" I remembered the customs man in Detroit who asked what I had bought overseas. I started "Oh, I have some books for the grandkids here in the states, there are some baby clothes in there too, and some tourist type things like caps and wooden shoes and calendars and hot mits and quite a bit of candy........" At that point he said "Good Bye" figuring he wasn't going to collect any fees from this old man high on albuterol huffing and puffing his way through the underground maze of security and immigration and customs and TSA folks all busy "welcoming"
us home and "welcoming" the guests to the United States with their endless supply of questions and paper work examination and screening and undressing and unpacking stuff and scanning and dressing and packing it up again! Whew! Next stop was National Coney Island and the tuna sandwich and then I happened to spy one of the plane drivers out on the tarmac doing his "pretrip". It was just like at the shop in my previous life! Reggie commanding us to be sure to do the pretrip! "Don't forget the pretrip" was his favorite order! I wonder if the pilots too have a Reggie somewhere out there saying " Make sure you do your pretrip"!

1 comment:

Christopher Tassava said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to hear stories and see a zillion pictures on Flickr...

Dream of Travel

Dream of Travel
Hispeed