Saturday, July 09, 2005

Passing Time

My how time passes quickly when one is having fun! A little remodeling carpentry in Minneapolis over the July 4th weekend brought back a few memories of the days of old and the jobs with the houses we redid. Christopher and I closed up one passageway/doorway and hung a door in another opening. Boy, I hate door hangings! We made a few mistakes and as dutiful carpenters always do, we covered them up! Christopher was left with the taping and and a pail of compound to cover up the joints. Then paint and baseboard and move in!
Julia is a gem. "Hi" was her word for the weekend. Such a sweetheart! We took a ride with her to the Mall of America where she snacked on healthy food while Christopher and I gobbled Krispy Kremes. As we walked by a teen clothing store Christopher was heard to say something about his turn coming up! Good luck! I hope Julia is not quite like Beth who could shop for hours and find nothing to buy or should I say buy nothing. Maybe that's why she has always had money!
How about a job at Gunville. Openings abound as usual. The safety/personel man quit, the purchasing agent left to start his new business, the head truck mechanic is having health problems and hasn't been in lately, the truck shop needs another line mechanic or two, the trailer shop could use another guy or two, and the over the road dispatcher whom I thought was coming back to stay awhile is apparently on his last weeks planning another "adventure". It is a wonder that we get done what we get done with all the new people constantly cycling in and then out! Reggie who retired two years ago and had been doing only training two days a week and now is in five days filling in as safty/personel plus training wants me to get out the truck to help him but he can't pay me enough to make the move plus do I want to work there at the yard? I dunno. Maybe I'll consider it later on. I think it would be a good "hobby" after retirement and that's not too far off!

No comments:

Dream of Travel

Dream of Travel
Hispeed