Sunday, August 06, 2006

Volvo 1008 and I Made Our Last Run

Saturday was our last run together. It was a "fun run" to the Alger County Fair with three of the bosses 8 Belgian draft horses. He has taken to a new hobby in recent years collecting and showing his prized Belgians and apparently I have been chosen to drive them about the area to fairs and various events. This was our second event this sumnmer so the crew is learning the process of showing. So far we've done quite well at the two small shows. We'll go to a few more this fall and learn some more.
As for Volvo 1008 the odometer read 680,790 when I cleaned it out today for the next driver. Those were pretty much all my miles except for a few put on while I was on vacations. I made my first run with it on February 19, 2002. Tomorrow I go out with Volvo 2024! I'll report on its first run later.

No comments:

Dream of Travel

Dream of Travel
Hispeed