Saturday, June 10, 2006

The World Cup of GADCO

GADCO stands for General American Door Company if you need to know. They have their own "World Cup" going on there. I'll tell you a story. As it unfolded in real life a while back it made my hair stand on end but its sort of funny now. My company pulls loads of doors out of GADCO. One day around noon I was hooking a trailer there when to my surprise a raging horde of 30 or so GADCO employees begins to charge out of the building directly toward me. I thought I'd better put in a call to the undertaker while wondering what I had ever done to deserve this fate. Within 30 seconds however the horde was running right past me to the noon break soccor game to commence in a open lot just beyond the row of trailers. Apparently they do this at noon every nice summer day. While driving around other parts of the Chicago area where many Hispanics work one can see many soccor games in progress during break times. Later that summer I was at GADCO again and they must have had their World Cup tournament play happening because I saw even some of the factory shirts out there in their little golf carts observing the action!

No comments:

Dream of Travel

Dream of Travel
Hispeed