Saturday, March 18, 2006

I Felt Like the Big Time




Its been a number of years since the dispatch gave me a reprieve from the up and down and the back and forth. Last week was such a reprieve. I left Sunday for deliveries Monday in Wisconsin and Illinois and then made an afternoon pickup in Montgomery, Illinois. That pickup delivered in Jackson, Michigan, Tuesday morning and I was then sent north to Pinconning, Michigan, to rescue a load which had been left there a few days before when a tractor broke down. That load delivered in Willard, Ohio, Wednesday and then I was sent to Streetsboro, Ohio, even farther east, for a pickup of steel for the U.P. mines. I made it back to the company's Quinnesec Warehouse on Thursday morning after logging 1950 miles in a rather enjoyable 5 day adventure. I even had some time to get connected and played Scrabble with Northfield and Rotterdam a couple of times. As an encore I then made a quick trip to Cincinnati to complete the week. Ah, the joys of trucking but will they soon end for this driver?

It is now Saturday 3/18/2006 at 5:46:24 PM
Event: Retirement at 65
Scheduled For 5/13/2008 11:05:00 PM
2 years 1 month 26 days 5 hours 18 minutes 36 seconds or
112 weekends or
787 days or
18,893 hours (12,595 waking hours) or
1,133,598 minutes or
68,015,915 seconds

No comments:

Dream of Travel

Dream of Travel
Hispeed